First Bank of the Palm Beaches THE NEW ONLINE BANKING: WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Online Banking will be unavailable beginning Monday, June 22, 2015 at 3:00 pm until Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 9:00 am.
- When you sign on to the new Online Banking, your user ID will remain the same. However, you will be required to reset and/or setup Advanced Authentication security and use your current password initially as the temporary password and then establish a new password at your initial log in.
- Once you log in successfully, please review your accounts and make sure all your account information is correct.
- Mobile Banking will not be available until you log into Online Banking and change your password.
- Any recurring transfers and alerts you had set up in the old version of online banking will also need to be reset/rekeyed into the new online banking.These transfers will not transition over into the new Online Banking. Please make note of any transfers or alerts you have set up in online banking now, so you can enter those into the new online banking.
- If you have any questions about this transition or have any problems, please call us at 561-847-2700 and ask for assistance with online banking.
- You should remove Personal Online Banking and Business Online Banking bookmarks before you log in to the new Online Banking on or after June 24, 2015. You should go to the First Bank of the Palm Beaches homepage the first time you log in to the new online banking. Once you have logged in, you may resave a new bookmark.
BILL PAY SERVICE
- Bill Pay will be unavailable beginning Monday, June 22 2015 at 3:00 pm until Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 9:00 am.
- Previously scheduled bill payments will process as usual during this time. Most of your payee information will convert, however, we strongly recommend that you print a list of all payees and their information (address, account number, etc), in case a payee does not convert. More information regarding this change can be found here.